Filters and Collections
What is a filter?
Filters are a dynamic group of retailers created from a set of criteria. The list of retailers in a filter will update automatically based on the criteria that you have set.
What is a collection?
Collections are similar to filters, except that they are static groupings of retailers. The list is fixed when the collection is created, meaning that changes in retailer data will not affect the makeup of the list.
Why are they important to use?
Both filters and collections are used to send communications to specific groups of retailers for hyper-targeted messages and campaigns, which can help increase engagement. You should create a filter if you want to group retailers that fall under a certain custom field, such as region, and you want that list to be updated automatically every time a retailer is added to the platform. On the other hand, collections are great for creating specific groups that do not change unless you manually remove or add retailers.
How to Create a Filter:
- Head to your retailer network page after logging in and ensure 'All Retailers' are selected on the upper left side of your page.
- Click '+ Add Criteria' and select the criteria you would like the list to be created from (you can select more than one).
- Once you have added all of the criteria and the list loads, click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select 'Save as a New Filter'. Your new filter will now be available under the Filters section and will automatically update when additional retailers meet the criteria.
How to Build a Collection:
Building a collection based on criteria is exactly the same as creating a filter, except this time you would click 'Save as Collection'. Another way to build a collection is by manually adding retailers.
- If you want to manually add retailers to a collection, you'll want to create the collection first. To do so, click the "+" next to the Collections section on the left side of the page.
- Give the collection a name & save it, then click on the 'All Retailers' button on the top left of the page.
- From there you will able to search for a retailer to add to the collection. Once found, click the arrow next to the retailer name and select the collection you just created. (The same step can be taken to remove a retailer from a collection)
Note: to delete a filter or collection, simply click the gear icon on the top right of the filter or collection you are viewing, and click 'Delete'.
*This feature limited to enterprise clients if you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this article helpful? Let us know!