What is a Vanity Link?
A vanity link masks the Enrollment URL that is provided to your reps and retailers. This link allows a retailer to create a Promoboxx account and/or add your brand’s content to their dashboard.
Why is it Important to use a Vanity Link?
- The Enrollment URL on its own is long and difficult to remember e.g. http://app.promoboxx.com/#/register/acme-shoes/d97cc5e46940
- Vanity links are short, brand-related, and easy to promote by word of mouth or within marketing materials.
Generic Vanity Links vs Rep-Specific Vanity Links
A generic vanity link can be provided to a retailer at any time to enroll them into the Promoboxx platform. A rep-specific vanity link can also enroll retailers at any time but is tracked and helps to measure the impact your reps have on sign-ups. When using rep-specific vanity links, you’ll want to make sure all of the materials you are giving to your reps to promote the program to your retailers include this link. This will allow you to see if your reps are following through and promoting enrollment to their retailers.
How to Create a Generic Vanity Link
- Navigate to Enrollments on the left-hand side menu of the Promoboxx Dashboard.
- In the Summary subsection of Enrollments locate the “Default Enrollment URL” at the top of the page; this is your brand's Enrollment URL.
Select a domain name to mask your Enrollment URL (e.g. BRANDdigitalcontent.com, BRANDcontent.com, BRANDmarketing.com). This domain name will be your vanity link.
- For selecting and purchasing domains we highly recommend Hover.com, as it is cross-browser compatible unlike other resources.
- NOTE: Vanity links must be set up 48 hours before launch, as forwarding takes time to refresh.
3. Ensure that your new domain forwards to the Enrollment URL.
How to Create a Rep-Specific Vanity Link
- Go to Enrollments on the left-hand side menu of the Promoboxx Dashboard
- In the Registration Keys subsection, click on the “+ Create Registration Key” button
- Enter brandname-rep into the “Key” field (e.g. ACME-rep) and save
- The rep-specific Enrollment URL will now appear on the Registration Key page
- Select a domain name to mask the rep-specific Enrollment URL (e.g. BRANDretailmarketing.com or BRANDretailcontent.com) This domain name will be your Rep-Specific Vanity Link.
- Ensure that the new domain forwards to the rep-specific Enrollment URL
- Go to Settings on the left-hand side menu of the Promoboxx Dashboard
- Select Global Settings
- Add your rep-specific vanity link to into the “Division Rep Vanity Link” field
- You only need one rep-specific vanity link for all of your sales reps
Was this article helpful? Let us know!